Friday, September 17, 2010

For the Lord gives wisdom...

"For the Lord gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding,"
Proverbs 2:6

This was our key scripture during the first week of homeschooling--- ahhhhh! I still cannot believe I am a homeschooling mom. The first two weeks have been wonderful and really a blessing to me. My favorite time is our "circle time" in the mornings when we can pray together and learn our memory verse. These are the moments I have been looking for- time to teach and give attention to God's Word in the mornings and not just hurry through a quick devotion time as they rush out the door for school. Mondays are History day and these are my favorite lessons. We are starting in the beginning learning about the ancients, nomads and early Egypt. We love to look on our Adams' timeline and find what we have learned or read about. I am really having fun. Jon Langley is a learner and a wonderful student- he always wants to do more! Shea is learning how to read. We have covered the five vowels and the letter B. I can't wait for the day when the light goes on for her and I hear her read and know that I was her teacher! Jo Jo is in pre-school now on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and so we are hard core students on those days to get lots done. He loves school and yesterday came home with a big green apple he had painted on a huge piece of paper. It was really too big to hang anywhere. Naturally, I hung it right on the bulletin board in my kitchen! I love being with my children....

No comments:

Post a Comment