Monday, November 12, 2012

A Day of Opportunity

A day of opportunity awaits me. To some it might just be another ordinary day but I see change. I see a blank slate on which I can write anything that I desire. It is up to me. It can be a great day or a down day. This is the day that I can recognize areas where I have plateaued and begin to climb again.  I can allow my children to frustrate me or I can see opportunities to disciple them. I will finally read that book that I have been putting off, go for that run, make that phone call, write that note of thanks, buy that gift. It is a great day. I can write a new song, patten a new idea, meet a new friend or lift someone's spirits. I can connect with one of my children, have intimate time worshipping the Lord, send a love email to my husband at work and cook a marvelkous creation for supper. Or...I could complain and rush to get the kids in bed early so that I can do what I want to do. I could go to bed tired and wake up still tired. I could look to escape through food, television or procrastination. But it won't be like that for me. It is a day of opportunity. My neck is outstretched and I am expecting. Anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment