I am a steward of all that God has given me. Nothing is my own. I am not even my own. The Bible has already told me this...why does it seems to be such an epiphany to my soul? In this day and age of human rights, reason, and enlightenment, there is much emphasis on what is mine. As a Christina, if I am not careful, the pleasing notes of the song that Society sings begins to strike a chord within me and I feel justified in demanding what rightfully belongs to me as a human being. Yet the Kingdom of God teaches me opposite. I have been bought with a price. I am not my own.
More and more I have been hearing the word stewardship in my heart. I am a steward of many things, both tangible and intangible that belong to God Himself. My marriage, my children, my home, my finances. They are not might. I merely have been entrusted with the oversight of these costly goods by the Master Himself, the owner of it all. Parable after parable teaches me that I will be called to give account one day of how I have managed my Lord's items. Have I been faithful or have I squandered? I want to not only manage well but show a return on God's investment as I present back to Him all that He has made me steward of.

No comments:
Post a Comment