I feel a great need to make contribution with my life. Each day there is a beat within me that calls for significance. I believe the natural tendency, and one I have often battled, is to express this through ambition or desire for notoriety, fortune and fame. Doesn't worldly success equal great contribution? As an unregenerate spirit these are the only ways one can define significant things and craft deep meaning out of life. If the whole world knows of it, surely it must be significant and it gives my life meaning. But this is all wrong! The significance I'm searching for will only ever be found in Christ and giving my life for him. My life of significance begins first with death-dying to my will, ambitions, dreams and desires, and beginning to live now based on an eternal value system. Should I now strive for notoriety in heaven and with God himself or is that also a false path, still one of pride and self? Oh Lord, help me to know what contribution and significance look like today. My life is now hidden with Christ in God. It is not my own. Your word shows me :
1. To love others
2. To give a cup of cold water in your name
3. To minister to widows and orphans
4. To disciple my children
5. To love my husband ( This one is easy)
5. Preach the gospel
6. Give things away
7. Walk in humility and consider others above myself
8. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit .
This should keep me busy for a while… say, a lifetime ! I

No comments:
Post a Comment